10.14.2005

I need a muse voicemail

So, this morning I'm working on the map for Argren, my present campaign world. Trouble is, I'm starting to think that some of the founding principles for the world are wrong. I mean, it's flat. That world is flat, right? Nevermind.

Anway, the problem is that our regular campaign there is on hold (even the email style campaign I'm trying to run so we can at least finish our last adventure is waiting for ONE player to give it a nod. *smack Luke, Nick. smack him!*) So I'm taking that time to really nail out this world. Basically I want the place to be fleshed out enough that any new players coming into it have a set of rules to look at, instead of me just saying "Don't play half-orcs, not allowed, and PLEASE don't play an elf."

But then I start thinking about the other campaign ideas I have. The other worlds I want to build. :( Too much going on in my head. I should be writing about Myrrhlanthus or the Buhadjinn. I should be developing the kobold adventure I want to send to Paizo. Hell, there's an OGE website in need of work, plus a TORC Press website, a freelance editing job on my table, and Argren is still a viable publishing option if I flesh it out enough.... But what do I think of on lunch break?

A great way to start a new campaign with a group of heroes, but one is actually that campaign's villain... So jonesed for that right now. Actually, you know what? I think I could work it into Argren. hmm. It's the only one of three great ideas that were sparked by reading another blog today, and it's the only one that fits in Argren. Yep, definitely gotta write this one down in the notebook....

There, I've officially stopped whining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home