9.30.2005

Pontus Euxinus

Man. I get funny compliments at work sometimes. Especially since I've just switched positions and now I'm in a new location. In something like 30 cubicles and 7 offices, there are 6 dudes. Two are supervisors or managers and three are brothers, all fat, old, balding, and of limited intelligence (but the one that I work with directly is very nice. His brain works slow, but it works well...kind of like a locomotive). So basically, that means that post menopausal women just randomly compliment me on something from time to time. So far it's been,

"You should be on Saturday Night Live."
"That shirt really accents your chest." No shit. I have this grey shirt with two buttons that kind of looks like long underwear. That's the 2nd or 3rd time I've got almost that exact compliment.

But my personal favorite is, "You write very well, considering your accent." LOL. I'm always cracking jokes about southern Illinois equaling dumb, but I love it when someone else nails me with that stereotype! Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home