10.17.2005

728 days til 30

Yep, rounded corner 28 this weekend. Some of the ladies at work don't believe it, but it happened. *shrug* That's why there's no weekend blog. You'd think, spending about 5 hours in front of my compy this weekend would give me time to blog. Nope. Four of it was spent mapping out Argren, so no blog then. Besides, read on and you'll see Saturday wasn't a day for blogging.

Worked B&N Saturday (my birthday), which turned out pretty lame. Spent most of the day helping the new girls figure shit out, so I didn't get as much done as I wanted. Then I grabbed an assload of books on my way out. Came home, spent a little me time online, got frustrated that the map I was working on was too big for CC2 and took a nap.

After I got up, I revisited the map to try some memory saving changes, but no luck. Erased a whole continent, THEN thought to try a smaller map entirely. Turned out the software was whacked out and it wasn't the map. DAMNIT! Spent the rest of the night looking for my CC2 CD and running various virus scanners to see what ate my software.

So, yesterday morning found me making considerable progress on the Argren map before Wendy and I headed out. We hit Halloween express and both scored a little something for our backup costumes, but no real juice for the primary costume ideas. From there we hit JCPenney and Wendy grabbed me some nice pants, and a Wolvy style leather jacket. X-Men 1 style, with brown and white stripes on the sleeves.... Hell, even the doable, but slightly annoying, cashier commented on how good I'd look in that outfit. *chaching* (Although really, the thought hadn't crossed my mind that the combo was an 'outfit' until that point. *shrug* I don't normally shop for 'outfits'. Hell, I don't normally shop period. This has been an abnormal month for me.)

From there, we headed south to St Paul in hopes of grabbing sushi. No go, the sushi place on Grand was closed. Detour north to Olive Garden and we're stuffed before the entrees arrive. Eat a little more, head home with leftovers in tow, and nap while watching Denver trounce the Pats.

Gas and we're heading uptown before the Pats can score in the 3rd quarter. Caught Mirrormask at the Landmark Lagoon Theater for the day's finale. Damn good finale, too. Great visuals, solid acting, engrossing story, and as Wendy pointed out, it's an excellent meshing of each of the creator's visions. Good stuff.

The cool down lap was chillin on the couch watching World Series of Poker because the Texans/Seahawks game was boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home