5.31.2005

A multitude of reviews

Well, let's see. First, to recap the weekend, I was right. Didn't get the wizard school info done. Hell, didn't even touch on it. Got hung up on the one shot adventure. More specifically, I got hung up on treasure. Turns out, overall, the party's almost a full level ahead on treasure than they should be, most of which is in Gregorious and Levvy's hands. That fits, cause Gregorious salvages everything, while Levvy picks up as much as she can, all the while, Zeke is watching Crenius for any sign of theft....kind of weird, but if you look at the treasure values, you definitely see it. It's good, cause it means I'm not subconsciously padding my fiance's character or something.... But I still got hung up on it, and for now, I can't think of a way to fix it. Of course, that means I got nothing else done either, cept for a fair bit of working up some magic/religion stuff in my head on the drive. :( But anyway,

Clone Wars Risk
Fun little variant. Order 66 whoops all kinds of ass and really gives the Republic only 4 turns to beat the Seperatists. After that, the Seps can call it in desperation and have at least a 50/50n chance of stealing a planet. Wendy had a Seperatists army go from 5 planets to 23 planets on me. Tough nuggies for me, but it also marks the first Risk game she's played. I think I cracked a good strat for the Reps, but it still leaves you counting more on die rolls and card draws than strategy. But hey, that's what Risk is...

Gorrilaz: Demon Days
Grabbed this yesterday. I think I like the first one better, but I've only got to listen to this one once, thus far. Regardless, $9.99 at Circuit City makes for a GREAT buy, and I woulda spent $6 more on it easily. Good stuff.

But, most importantly:

SDF:Perfect/Ugly
The new comic from TorC Press is out and kickin. I love it. There're are a few little bits that pull on heart strings in it, for me, but the average reader won't pick up on them, since they're hometown specific. Joe's blog post about covers and fear was unfounded, though, cause the cover's solid. Add to that a great Cactus Joe story, good times with Walt & Sped (turns out Walt's got a girlfriend), and a slew of new characters (I'm gunning for a grilling apron with El Gorio on it) and this books well worth the price + shipping and handling. Now if I could only get the online shopping cart wrapped up!

Changes to RPGA's GM Rewards Program
Boo! Used to be 20 points netted you a D&D mini. Not anymore. :( Now you get the same bonus cards for RPGA games players get. Cause DMs always PLAY D&D at conventions. We never actually act as a GM at a sanctioned event. We all just get our points through sanctioned home games. Pah. I'll still continue to run RPGA events, but most likely, I'll just run em at home now, so I can use my damn cards at conventions and the like. All ONE that I may go to in the next year or so. :( At least mini's I could have used at home in NON-RPGA stuff. Buttfingers. The whole lot of em.

And remember kids....be excellent to each other.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jorge Mackton said...

Yeah, everyone seems to like the cover to this issue. I was still pretty worried about it pre-press. As for the shopping cart, as long as it's done by/around Chicago we should be fine.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home