3.18.2007

Router poop pop drop netgear to linksys Stop Flop

Yesterday, our router died. Not sure what's wrong with the damn thing. It doesn't broadcast a wireless signal most of the time, and even when it does, you can't connect to the internet wirelessly. You can connect to the internet via ethernet cable through the router, but what's the point in having a wireless route if you're using ethernet cables?

The router was a netgear WGR614. We got a little over 18 months of use before it crapped out. Obviously, I didn't want to go the netgear router route. My netgear wireless card in my PC is holding up ok (a little glitchy at times, though, and I can't create a full on network through it to save my life), but still. Nor did I want a D-link, cause every piece of equipment I've ever had from them crapped out in 6 months or less. So, I went with linksys. Hopefully, it stands up. The signal is a little weaker than the netgear was, but I like the interface so far, and the firmware is 10 times easier to upgrade, so I'm pleased so far.

So, that's my Yay for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home