3.01.2007

Where have all the Elder Gods gone?

No Cthulu last night. John had to finish up a few papers for school. Didn't look like Wendy was in the mood, so I didn't ask. Next week, baby. It's the end of the world next week.

Instead, i got a fair amount of research done, focusing on games and toys for one of my cultures. I'm drawing up blanks on their actual religion and can't decide whether to give them a new class or not. Cleric doesn't work at all, and druid has a lot of cannonicle associations to get around to fill the role as is. *shrug* I'll figure it out. Might just work on my map and the other cultures a bit until I get an idea.... I should research and see if there's any other OGL classes that would work. That'll make the pitching phase a little more hairy, though, when I say, "Oh yeah, I used the SpiderMonkeyNinja class from SomePoorSchmucks OGL .pdf called '649 Classes You'll Never Need'." It's OGL, so it's legal, but most of the smaller guys don't like to step on each other's toes.

Got a little 2142 in as well. Scored a promotion, Major Silver now, and kept my unlock in my pocket for the expansion. I actually DIDN'T want to play as commander last night, but both servers I played on, the round was almost over when I came in, and the next round didn't have a commander. My overall goal was kill streaks, as I'm only 3 away from a couple of ribbons that need the highest kill streak of anyone in that round.

Came close on the last game with 10, but we lost too quick to get more. Most kills in that round was 18, so I don't know what the streak was. It was annoying because none of our squads would defend our titan. So, we had 1 guy defending it. Fortunately, the entire enemy force was defending their titan, so the 1 guy had only to kill the same 1 guy that occasionally podded over to ours. Unfortunately, my 1 guy wasn't very good, and their 1 guy was. So, that part of the battle went like this:

Enemy lands on our titan, runs in, kills Bob. Bob respawns on the titan and runs back to Enemy. Bob kills Enemy, but not before Enemy blew up one console. Enemy defends his own titan until he dies, then spawns as recon and comes back to ours again. Kills Bob, blows up console, then Bob kills Enemy again. Rinse and repeat. That 1 Enemy took out our whole Titan by himself. Why didn't I do anything? *shrug* Honestly didn't care that much. You can't die in the titan guns unless a teammate kills you. And when I was manning the titan guns, people were trying to destroy them, which meant they weren't defending the titan or capturing missile silos or attacking my consoles. It also meant my kill streak went up and I got repair points. :) So, on a personal level, I had more fun in the guns than running into the titan to kill the Enemy every 5-7 minutes, plus, it's hard to defend the titan as engineer, but you NEED to be engy to repair the guns if you wanna use them. *shrug*

Now, in previous rounds, I got a FUCKLOAD of defend kills setting my C-4 traps. Love those things. Overall, I ended up with two 10 kills streaks, but it wasn't enough to get me closer to those ribbons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home