3.12.2007

duldrums

Whoo boy. Add another trip to the roster this year. Fuck. I was gonna be able to swing most of the travel action with relatively little vacation time, but the third wedding is definitely this year, so shit got hectic and tight on the budget and vacation bank. I'll have to watch that shit close.

As such, this morning left a bad taste in my mouth about Gen Con and the expense of the hotel, so I had to go hang on the forums about to get pumped back up. Considering the productivity of this weekend, it wasn't too hard.

Weekend Recap
300 rocked. I loved it. You won't get much intellectual review out of me this morning, though. Go see it, that's all I can say.

Got the basic layout for the TORC Press revamp done, barring further revamp suggestions by Joe. Hoorah. Moving on to the CGI script that will let Joe update the News & Production sections on his own. That'll be fun. What little I know about Perl only allows me to modify other Perl scripts to fit my needs. Accordingly, I'm not even sure Perl is the way to go, but that's where I'm starting.

Still hung up on the query to Paizo. Anyone know what the style of movie/narrative/story is called when you have several different factions chasing the same item? Sort of like Smokin Aces or Hanna Barbera's race cartoons. One stupide term shouldn't be this much of a hang up, but without it, my opening line is lame squared.

The mystery mini-campaign is probably getting put on hold yet again. I really need to focus on Joe's site, so I don't have a ton of time to research. I might be able to work on it at work for after I get the Paizo query written up, and I might swing a day a week or so, but that's about it. I know that I won't make much headway on CGI scripting just doing it Thursday through Saturday. *shrug*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home