7.05.2005

Suede Bag

Lemme go read my post from Saturday...

OK. Gotta start the recap from Saturday morning. This'll be a long one.

After visitng the trifecta of technology that is Circuit City, Best Buy, and CompUSA with a list of gear and supplies I needed for the upcoming wedding and day-to-day shit, I hit Best Buy for a tripod, ink, and supercharger. Circuit City got my money on the digital camera front.

I landed a Nikon Coolpix 4600. Thing turned out to be the best purchase I've made in quite sometime (for 200 clams it better be). Fits in my palm. 4 megapixel wonder, with more photo settings than you can shake a stick at. Really clear photos on the screen. I'll import them to my compy tonight for that test. I can get over 500 photos on the 512 meg card I bought for it, which rocks.

Stopped by Wendy's and showed her my new gadget then headed to the eye doctor. They couldn't get me in until next Saturday, which blows, cause I want glasses before the wedding. Might call em back and try for tomorrow this afternoon.

Headed to Joe's Crabshack to see Nick, and he was about to get off way early, so I hung with him the rest of the afternoon. Good times.

D&D saw Zeke being sent on an Outriders patrol instead of going to the funeral. I spent a lot of time describing the setting outside of Myrrhlanthus, and I think everyone has a decent idea of the environment, now (although I didn't mention temperature/weather much). Side note to players:any questions on setting, let me know.

The funeral trip saw Levvy and Gregorious a bit sea sick for a few days, while Crenius was unaffected. A raucous party ensued after Levvy's brother was passed to the priest's ship for the trip to the halfling homeland. Much drinking was had by all. Late the next day, the ship came upon a damaged and barely afloat vessel that the crew decided to pillage, which of course the PCs stepped up to do.

The ship was full of vermin, et al (but the PCs only encountered vermin), which managed to kick the shit out of the party. Four encounters later and Gregorious was carrying Levvy's unconcsious body while Crenius limped/ran to the escape dinghy. Unfortunately, Crenius had left ALL of his weapons aboard the clunker and burned up all of his scrolls and other offensive gear. On top of that, he was quickly paralyzed by all of the venom he'd taken in from wounds.

Fortunately, a halfling cleric had stayed on board and was able to help the characters almost fully recover on the remainder of the trip, despite the huge gale the ship encountered on the way back.

Once back in Crocus, the group set about restocking supplies and the like, but Wendy got tired before they could get back to Myrrhlanthus.

Sunday saw Wendy and I tired as shit, so NONE of the stuff I wanted to get done on Sunday happened. Except the camping. We left about 5 and hit Duluth a little before 8. Started fishing almost right away and I scored a huge walleye by my standards, but tiny according to Nick.

Made a Perkins run, rocked some more, and hit the hay at 2am. 6am Monday mornign I woke up in the tent and couldn't get back to sleep, but stayed in "bed" til a little after 7:30. Fished the river some more, had pancakes/bacon on the fire pit, and hung til 10:30 when we learned Katie and Anthony hadn't even left the cities yet *(we were waiting on them until we started the real partying)*. At that point, we jetted over to Hunter's Lake for some more fishing. Wendy even scored a bluegill here. Good times.

Bout the time K and A shoulda been rolling in, we headed back to Nick's aunt's, scrounged food and waited for more partying. Did some canoeing, fishing and hanging with Katie and Anthony before heading into Duluth for fireworks.

Ate at the Brewhouse, which is a microbrewery with its own restaurant. Flaky waitress, great rootbeer, and decent food. Then we met up with Matt and family for the fireworks. Great stuff.

Highlights of the weekend include:

Fish caught - 10" walleye, 12" largemouth, perch (the smallest of which was 1.5" long), pumpikinseed, bluegill (and Nick caught a 14" northern pike)
Photos of fireworks taken - 150.
kept - over 100.
Best bathing moment - Wendy in the river at 7am. (all voluntary, too)
Most inappropriate clothing - Katie's little white skirt and huge heeled shoes (although Daurie's inability to stay warm at temperatures of 75+ was baffling).

I'm sure I'll remember and post more specific moments as time passes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home