6.01.2005

funny politics

So, our present governor in Minnesota ran on a No New Taxes pledge. Now he wants to add a "fee" to cigarrettes, which I'm fine with, but Democrats are saying, "Uh uh, that's a tax buddy." SO, to solve that problem, there's a bill in our state congress to change all instances of the word "tax" to the word "fee" in every law the state has. Sheesh. How bout we get a budget, overturn the No Fault car insurance regulations, and make in state student residents pay less than out of state residents for tuition first?

Nother funny thing. Earlier in the week, when asked about vetoing the new stem cell bill the Senate just worked up, Bush said something like "We shouldn't use tax payer money to create death." What the fuck are we doing in Iraq?

In more personal news, I got a cavity filled today, and for some reason, there's no tylenol/aspirin/ibuprofen/morphine or any other pain reliever in our apartment, and despite the fact that I work in a frickin hospital, the only way for me to conveniently get some is to go down the road to a pharmacy/general store type place.... Suffice it to say it's gonna be a long, grumpy night. Eesh.

Oh yeah, and it's looking like I'm flying solo to Gen Con, cause so far the only people to respond to my email about it are people that I knew couldn't make it. Grr. That's my biggest complaint in general right now, specially bout the gaming group. No one (cept Nick when Crenius is involved directly and I specifically ask for a response) responds to emails. Kind of takes away the motivation to spend 12+ hours a week on creating a story centered around the characters when they don't seem to care....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home