1.25.2005

to better serve you,

Hmm. Where to begin.... I guess I'll just do a chronological recap of the weekend.

Friday we rolled out of town just as it started snowing, but pretty quickly outran that shit. A good MP3 mix jammin on the Rio, and we made it to A-town in no time. We hung with Wendy's mom Friday night and just kept things low.

Saturday started early, with a visit to one florist. A-town got like 8 inches of snow, and I was really surprised at the amount of shit that closed because of it. I mean, Wisconsin. It's snow. That's like some place in the state closing because there's cheese.

So, the florist that morning was a gay bomb. If he wasn't smokin a pole, gay men everywhere were missing a prime chance. Of course, he was old, crabby, and artistically high on himself, so may be he just couldn't find a lover. Regardless, this guy was a flop. He couldn't really give us too many straight answers (no pun intended), and seemed to be lowballing the price. Add in the fact that he "absolutely [couldn't] stand" the lady the runs our reception hall, and he's a no go.

Next we met with a potential DJ. Turned out the guy runs a stable of DJs. One of the most professional and well organized guys I've ever met. They employ a sound engineer that not only tests all the equipment, but creates rigs for em, so it takes like 1/2 hour to set up a full mix of shit, instead of the chaotic mix of wires and what not you get from a guy that's just got a ragtag of equipment (way better than what you get from yer friend managing yer band and not knowing how to run shit). After the meeting, we decided to go with this guy, and he should be booked now. Just got to pay him.

Then we hit the reception hall. The hall itself is nice, the menu looks great, nothing but good words about the quality of the staff/kitchen, and what not, but the lady running it is crazy levels of hardcore. Very forceful. Can't say I like her, but if the reception goes well, whatever. At the very least, I'm not too worried about the reception, because she strikes me as a woman that doesn't LET shit go wrong.

Saturday night we caught a party at Wendy's dad's. Damn fun. Great food, lots of booze, and I think maybe 4 people were uncomfortable that we were 1/2 their age. The rest just accepted it and laughed, cause I'm damn funny.

Sunday was brunch with Wendy's grandparents, dinner with Wendy's dad, and some crazy great sex Sunday night. Crazy great. Oh yeah, and I managed to wrap up most of the adventure I'm planning.

Monday morning we hit another florist, and this is the one we're going with. Easy to work with, professional, knowledgable, and most importantly honest. None of this "We can get anything" crap. Gave us solid numbers on cost, things like that.

Later, we revisted the gardens we're having the ceremony in, and got to chat up the planner lady. Not only is she hot, but she got Wendy excited about the ceremony again. Good stuff there.

Unfortunately, Monday night we returned to discover my car had been towed. Don't really feel like getting into the details of it, cause I'll just get unnaturally pissed again. Suffice it to say, it took 2 hours and $285 out of my life, and if not for our lease, I'd move right now.

And now, I'll try to post this rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home