1.12.2005

2-250 Triage

Scored New Avengers #2 today, but couldn't snag the new Batman. Apparently that one's hot, and I'm either gonna have to ask John to swag every upcoming issue in that arc for me, or get a lot better at hitting the Source when shit I wanna read comes out. It'd help if I could scope diamond comics' web site from work, but it's blocked to me. Anyone know of another site that lists what comics come out each week? Other than checking each company directly...

As for NA, I'm still undecided on it. Sure, it's cool that some of my favorite Marvel characters are coming together. Sure it's cool that in this issue Spidey got trounced and it's nothin but a chaotic melee. However, as things stand right now, Captain America and Iron Man are gonna have to some glib tongue action to get this crew together. I'm in this title up until I see that and decide whether it's likely or not...

Also, today I found "Hanging Out With the Dream King" which is a collection of interveiws of Neil Gaiman, given to him by his friends and close associates. Flipped through it a bit today, and it looked purty interesting.

Here's the catch. I found it in a local comic store on the shelf, and contemplated buying it. Since I get a 30% discount at B&N, though, I figered I'd wait. After some research, cause it wasn't at my store, I discovered it's not released til January 31st. Same with Complete Adventurer, a D&D title they got on their shelves now.

Now, that really pisses me off. Not because of any sense of justice concerning release dates and what have you. No, it angers me, because when Web of Lies came out for L5R, I went the day of it's release to buy some. The clerk at the register wasn't sure about the release date, and busted my chops about selling it before they were supposed to. I ended up not buying any then, just cause the bastard pissed me off.

If I weren't so lazy, I'd just find a different store to buy my comics and figs at. In fact, I'd only buy L5R there, as it's a 15-20 mile drive to the nearest other L5R dealer. But, alas, I'm lazy, and it's conveniantly located. Prolly a good thing I loathe the employees so much. I'd spend more time, and more money, there if I didn't I guess. Such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home