10.28.2004

Mantis PK vs. Crane Honor Runner

http://62.142.214.30/l5r/ again. I've had this Mantis deck for awhile but never played it. Decided to give it a shot after the lion deck. Was SLOOOOOW at the hospital tonight. Yay.

Anyway, I got major bad gold going. Turn three I had AFR, two gifts and favors (which I bowed the SH for), and a Barley Farm. First turn Shinsei's Shrine for the italian chic I was playing didn't help. Pretty much, the lack of gold screwed me, and I couldn't draw anything to help, either. Then like 3 patients came in with her at 5 provinces and 32 honor, so I called it a game. At this point, I think I like lion more than mantis, so if we ever have the booster draft at my house, I'll prolly go that route. Of course, I may revisit this deck some night and tweak it a bit. Not sure what it needs, though.

I do have to give the chic props, though. She made decisions that showed a firm knowledge of the cards and stopped a lot of my plans dead in their tracks. Her name is Andrea, but I can't remember her handle on
The Launcher. *shrug* She doesn't usually play Crane. Plays Phoenix in real life.

Before that, I started to use a new style Rat deck against another guy, also playing a rat deck, but he lost his connection or something on round 4, so that game went nowhere. I did have a second turn At'ck (5F/3C monster from DoE), though. That was coo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home