10.22.2004

Dragon Enlightenment vs. Crab (RL)

Well, another game I bowed out of, much to Nick's chagrin. It's evident that the dragon deck is pretty poorly made despite the successful first outing several weeks ago.

There was a very strong opening for enlightenment, but NO GOLD. Great hand, with Void, Air and Earth in my hand, but it took 3 turns before person one hit the table. Took that long for Nick, too, but on turn 4 he brought out 2 or 3 guys, and I brought out 1 and 2 holdings. I used Musume Mura once, then lost that province. Used the Dragon Champ to grab Ring of Water (had Void and Fire in play at that point), and made a bid to get Air and Water into play. This was the second or third battle. Halfway through that, Nick and I remembered Razor's Edge Dojo, but by then my hand consisted of Water and Earth, so I bowed. We woulda played again, but for some unfortunate reason, my head exploded with an intense headache that had really started about 20 minutes earlier, but kicked in when I tried to think.

Regardless, Nick's Crab deck is tough, despite being 50+ cards in each deck. We all know statistics, but hey. If it works, who cares how many cards it has, right? And crab has enough strong personalities that a general strategy of big smashy means you don't have to limit yourself and run a well-oiled machine.

Provided the U of M homecoming doesn't get too wild tonight, I hope to get a little online deck testing going. Not sure why I don't play my Uni deck more in RL, but I don't... However, that's a discussion for another day, I have to go fix a decrepit copy machine. Minolta tonta. bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home