10.14.2004

Nezumi Boomstick RL vs. Crane Dueler

The RL designation signifies it's my real deck instead of the virual decks I play at http://62.142.214.30/l5r/. So, despite flushing like my ass was on fire, I didn't see gold for two turns, at which point I had G&F and Favor Returns running. Shoulda went for a second G&F I think, which woulda thinned the deck a little, but I didn't think of it and went for Yoee'tr early. Thrice I saw either one personality and 3 holdings (got Plains of Otusun Uchi earl) or 4 holdings. Even the sensei can't help with that...

Twice I forgot to attack and do some PK, cause I kept hoping for a Sneak Attack instead of just goin balls to the wall. Gotta remember this deck is banzai or lose.

All those complaints aired out, Nick just played a damn good game. Twice he had just the right card at the right time to fuck up a carefully laid plan that would have made the game that much closer. In the end, I bowed out, because his Champion was out, as was a chi-beefed auto dueler I couldn't overcome. With 8 cards in my dynasty left, and Occult Murders only able to off one of those dudes, I didn't have much chance.

I know Nick got bummed about "not finishing it", but a win's a win, and bowing out just makes sense if you can't win. Gives ya more time to play another game and whatnot. If you know your deck, you know when it can't win anymore. I'm all about playing to the end when you're learning your deck. Under pressure is when those great combos come to mind... If you burned through those combos, though, you know when the time is up. That's just my take on it. No need to get upset and feel like your victory is less or anything. If that's how ya felt, Nick. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home