10.28.2004

Lion Terrain Military Blitz vs. Spawning Ground Oni Chi Bomb

Ok. I made this deck a couple of weeks ago at http://62.142.214.30/l5r/. Went back, tweaked it a bit tonight and managed to get a game in. I've been considering bringing in Mantis and Lion into my fold of clans I run, which'd pretty much mean I don't run Crane, Crab and Shadowlands I think. lol. Of course, I've kinda given up on Scorpion right now, too, no real interest there, and only minimal interest in Phoenix anymore really. Regardless, onto the game.

I started off strong, taking the first province, and even ambushed one of his super Onis that had 10 1F follower tokens on it, for a crap load of honor. Of course I forgot to add the honor and flushed the Lion Champion cause I was at 5 honor. That might have saved me 1 round, but in the end, his Chi death kicked in, robbing me of all my peeps. That damn Yajinden is forkin annoying. I think I definitely need to look at some card draw in this deck...

Of course, I'm still not sure I wanna invest in real life Lion or not. I like what they can do, but Dragon and Unicorn are close enough to that for me I think. So, the big draw for playing Lion is that no one else does. I'll probably just wait for Lotus and see what their strongholds are first. I gotta get some Ambushes for my RL Rat deck, though. Kind of nice when a 1F samurai takes out a bowed 5F unique with 15F total in the unit, and with The Meeting Place, if he unbows, I just run home like any good rat would...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home