5.13.2007

Too long Dr Jones

I should post more. Lessee. Reviews that are too short to be useful:

TMNT - I liked it. Had a good Turtles feel to it, mixed with a bit of Gargoyles. If you liked those, and you can still enjoy them without analyzing them as an adult, you'll probably like TMNT as a good bit of entertainment. If you liked them, but are too old to put the grown up aside (read LAME), you might still like it for the nostalgia. Either way, it's good for kids in my book.

Loreena McKinnet (sp?) - Whether you like her style of music or not, there's something to be said about any music that's played by top notch, highly skilled, and highly professional musicians in a live venue. I liked the show, and even picked up a few ideas for D&D or Godlike campaigns. That's just icing on the cake, though, cause (and here's where I get mushy) this show meant a lot to Wendy, and anytime I can be involved with her during an important event like that, I'm down.

Grave of Fireflies - Is GoF a good movie? Yes. Do I recommend you watch it? Yes. Here's my warning, though. It's the saddest damn movie I've ever seen. If you've ever taken care of or stuck up for a friend, younger sibling, older sibling, parent, pet or basically anyone you ever cared so much about that it would hurt to lose and/or fail them, it's a hard movie to watch. Do it anyway. It builds character.

Gaming
We haven't played Savage Tides or CoC for awhile because Wendy's had to pick Emily up for work at 8:30. Makes gaming hard when it starts around 7ish.

Last Sunday we did get together at Nick's for some character building for Godlike, In Nomine, and Werewolf.

No one brought In Nomine, so scratch that one. Big surprise there. Justin's in charge of running that game, but the books are at Charlie's. Guess what game I doubt we ever play....

Turns out White Wolf decided that World of Darkness was a sourcebook and everything else (Mage, Vampire, Werewolf) was a supplement. I didn't see that anywhere on the Werewolf book, and neither did Nick. Near the end of creating my Werewolf character we figured out that the last 1/3 of character creation or so can't be done with just the Werewolf "supplement." Oops. Nonetheless, Charlie and I both have partially completed werewolves. Charlie has an intelligent character that's in tune with the spirits and most things occult. I have a charismatic scout that's good enough at stealth, but shines at tricking information out of others. Justin didn't even get started because he and Charlie both came VERY late and he started on Godlike while Charlie worked on Werewolf.

In Godlike, eveyone picked 2 pregens and started on a character of their own. Nick picked the bulletproof strongman and the super alert nearly precognitive Irish Catholic. Then he made a Scottish Highlander, son of a distiller, whose powers include Zed (the ability to nullify other powers) and Inebriation (the ability to make others feel drunk. Really drunk). Charlie picked the time controlling truck driver and the angry French boy that can turn into just about anything. Justin picked the regenerative lizard and the hypercool singing sergeant. His character started off as a Ranger that could cause violent dyssentary by spitting into food, but then focused full on on teleporation instead. He's not quite a maffia Nightcrawler, but close.

Now, I've got til June to round up an adventure and get Charlie's character finished. I'll hound Nick to get the WoD book and also borrow In Nomine from Charlie or get the three of us together to make characters for that. I don't mind running Godlike first, but I'd like to have everything ready to go for the next guy so we don't have any lag between the short intro mission I have and the next game. Given the opening I have for these guys, I really need to see which of two directions they decide on before I work too far ahead. Don't want to plan one campaign and have them play another after all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home