5.17.2007

Battlefield Ressurection

PC Gaming
I haven't played BF 2142 in a couple of weeks now. I normally don't play much by myself anyway, and with Phil's new son due any day now, his play time has been almost non-existant. Hopefully John gets high speed soon. ;)

At any rate, this week, if I've hopped on 2142 and Phil/Scott weren't on, I'd shut her down and fire up Guild Wars. I only have Prophecies, and I thought I was pretty far along when I had faded out of the game last time. Turns out, I'm not. I learned there are 25 story missions. I've finished 7. So, just over 1/4 of the way finished...

Either way, I'm enjoying it. I have a level 15 Necromancer/Mesmer that specializes in Blood Magic and Domination hexes. Mostly, he foces on damage over time spells, but keeps a good vampiric spell in the queue for finishing off the occasional monster whose DoT wore off 50 hp too early. As usual on MMOs, I'm not too social, so I mostly let the NPCs tag along with me.

It's been a little over a year since I last played the game. I think. The 2nd GW had came out shortly after the last time I played. I have to say, I like some of the features that have made it into Prophecies from the upgrades in the other game. I'm noticing that exceptional crafting stuff is dropping more often. This is the stuff like a Massive Hammer of Runic Fortitude that you can use the Exceptional Salvage Tool on and pull off the Haft of Fortitude or whatever, then use that as a craft item on another hammer to enhance that one. I'm not sure what the player market looks like on those, and I must be offering them for too little, because I'm making a killing selling them... Considering the shit that I want to buy costs in the tens to hundreds of platinum, though, I'm gonna have to pump up my prices.

Tabletop Gaming
Even though it'll be another couple of weeks before we get together again, I've wrapped up the first session of Godlike. I wanted to ease the guys in, so the first encounter only has one talent, and he doesn't even manifest until a certain amount of carnage is reached (so it's completely possible that he dies early and doesn't even manifest). There isn't' even any heavy armor until a little later in the session.

It's hard to estimate how many encounters there really are, though, because the mission is to capture a point and hold it until reinforcements arrive. If they reach the point and slaughter all the Italians, that's one encounter, but if half of them run away, regroup, and find/rescue/whatever their LT or Sgt, it might be two or more encounters depending on who survives. So, the squad may have to attack and then defend. Of course, they could sweep in stealthily, kill the radio man and brass so no distress call is sent, then slaughter the Eye Ties from the inside, then go home for a nap. We'll see, I've never seen these guys in a semi-tactical game before.

For those of you that want to know about the enemy talent... I'll talk about him after the game. Don't want to ruin any surprises for Nick. Suffice to say, I pulled a character from the Stalingrad campaign I had planned for John and Flynn. Good guy? Bad guy? Neither. Let me correct myself and say I stole the Talent from a character that freaked out seeing the destruction wrought by the initial German air assault. If it works out, I figer I'll start pulling some themed spell collections from D&D to use as Godlike talents when I'm at a loss for what the characters should face. Melf, Evard, Mordenkainen; here I come.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to have high speed running by the 1st week of June. True Story...

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home