1.20.2007

Mostly settled in

Things are up and running in the new place. Got a little curtain conundrum to figure out, and I should get some damn plastic for the worthless windows. Need some rugs and an extra book shelf or two, then we're golden. Need to get some art up on the walls, too.

There are a few things I could complain about, but compared to most of the people I know right now, life is golden. Except I lost the damn notebook with a completed adventure I wanted to submit to Dungeon magazine in the move. Damnit.

Ran a little Cthulu this week. Good times. The published adventures in the book leave a lot of room for improv, and unfortunately leave a LOT of holes in the info you need when the investigators ask the entirely wrong questions. You definitely can't worry about railroading too much in the game, cause sometimes you just need an NPC to say, "Why the fuck are you asking me that? That has nothing to do with anything!"

Regardless, if you play the game with a D&D mindset, your character will die. I think that's what we learned. It was evident the big bad was *probably* just through the next wall, and with one character down to 3 hp and a whole lot of sanity loss, they still went in. And died. One death included a face being ripped off.

And boy do I need to remember all of the little things that can make you lose sanity. Hell, the group probably would have ran screaming from the building, kept the retaining fee and split to the midwest if I'd remembered to make em roll for being attacked by beds, blood pouring from a ceiling, etc... Oh well. That's what test runs are for. I think in the future, though, I'll try to write any Cthulu reports up in the first person like Lovecraft.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home