10.24.2005

weekend and a link

I'll start with the link, but that means you'll prolly not read the rest of this. Still, good news on the Sin City front.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/sincitynews.php?id=3572

As for the weekend:

It shouldn't be impossible to find a gaming resource in the Twin Cities, what with something like 8 shops dedicated to this demographic. Had I looked harder, I could have, I'm sure, but one would think that B&N coupled with the Source (touted as possibly the best gaming store in the nation by some "experts"*) would be about all it takes. Not so. My RPG needs this weekend were:

Heroes of Horror
Shadowrun 4th edition
Any RPG with a magic system remotely similar to Harry Potter

I know HoH is too new for B&N right now. It'll be there in November. It was sold out at the Source. Not sure how this is possible, cause they usually stock about 20 copies, start selling new titles 3 weeks before the LEGAL release date, and then keep about 8 on the shelf til about 2 months after the release date. Must be a popular book.

SR4? Nope. I'd like to say I asked for it and was told it wasn't out or somthing ridiculous. I didn't. Lazy me combined with Hungry Wendy meant I just let the matter lie.

HP? Nothing. Not too much of a problem. It puts the email campaign on hold, but it also gives me an excuse to reread most of the books with an eye toward a game system, and it gives me a chance to whip up a system of my own and have playtesters readily available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home