7.25.2005

And much love was had by all. The Finally

See, if I would have posted at all this weekend, I'd have been done with the whole wedding review. But I didn't, so I'm not, instead reading Harry Potter. Good stuff.

So here's a skinny recap of the honeymoon.

We stayed at the Black Walnut Guest House, a nice little B&B in Sturgeon Bay. Very clean little place in a quite neighborhood within walking distance of the tourist traps there. We had a two person hot tub, private balcony and quaint little room. Best of all, we had a mirror above the hot tub. No need to go into that, though. ;)

Had a brilliant dinner at America's Fish House on Sunday night. Wendy had salmon, I had rainbow trout with blueberries, cashews and apple splinters. Great food. Nice view of the channel and draw bridge. Service was a little slow for my tastes, but that's probably the nature of the area. I thought the service at the Pudgy Seagull Monday during lunch was a tad turtly, too. *shrug*

Spent Monday doing tourist crap. Shopped a bit, then headed up one side of the thumb to the northernmost point before heading back on the other side of the peninsula. Spent Monday night in the hotel room with pizza and books.

Tuesday saw more shopping before heading home. There's a pretty cool little shop in Egg Harbor called Himalayan Expressions. Prem Lama is the dude that runs it. He's a pretty cool guy. We spent a bit of time talking to him about random shit. There's a nice flag shop there in Egg Harbor, too. Couldn't tell if the proprietors were gay or brothers. Doesn't matter, they gave us free shit.

All around, it was a really relaxing few days after the chaos of the wedding. We're planning on heading back to Door County in the spring for a cherry tour. That's when they blossom, and since the fuckers are everywhere, it should be very pretty. There's a tentative plan to get some other peops together to fill up the Black Walnut, too. There's about a hundred other B&B's that looked fun to stay at, too, not to mention the cabins on the lake that are cheap to rent for a week if you bring a few people with you. Overall, Door County, WI is a really nice place that I recommend to anyone that wants a few relaxing days away from it all. Seriously, I saw very little in the way of corporate anything, other than a few gas stations. Everything else is either made locally, generic, or had the branding removed. Good stuff in my book.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent. I was just going through search engines for my business Himalayan Expressions at Door County and I found your blog and read it and found a little comment about me and my store. Even though it is small, it is still a publicity and I like to link it or blog it in my blog. If not that is okay too.

Thanks
Prem
premlama.blgspot.com

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home