6.05.2005

Review: Shonen Jump #31

Got this bad boy a week or so ago, and haven't had time to read it. Here's what I got so far, though.

Yu-Gi-Oh! - As usual I skip good ole Yugi.

Naruto - Without giving too much away, this issue wraps-up the second exam. Does Naruto and team survive? I won't say. Suffice it to say, though, that I'm always a little disappointed with the issues that wrap up a long, hard fight. They always seem so anti-climactic to me. Instead of an issue containing one fight chapter that ends it, followed by two wrap-up chapters, I think it'd be better to finish the fight in the previous issue and just have this issue be all wrap-up. There're enough titles in Shonen Jump to stagger the wrap-ups to make each issue worthwhile, I think.

One Piece - As usual rocks. Luffy and crew set off after Nami and the plot thickens. Nuff said, really. One Piece is always good.

Shaman King - Again with the cliffhanger. I predict next issue we see the completion of Yoh vs. Ren and two chapters of wrap up. :( Regardless, this isn't a bad series this issue, as we get alittle bit of a hint at the competition in the tournament and a few hints at Ren's past.

YuYu Hakusho - Solid fighting and plot thickening here as the team continues to get screwed with every turn of the page. Good stuff, and I started out not liking this title much.

Hikaru no Go - Not a lot of action this month, but some pretty intriguing story nonetheless. I predict Hikaru fails another English test. Of course, in the world today, he should be learning Chinese, anyway. That's the business language of tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am blog hopping, I am a big fan of manga too, and Hikaru No Go is one of my favourite manga :)

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home