6.13.2005

a multitude of lemons

Had I blogged earlier, I would have posted about the weekend, refreshment and the like. However, on the way in to work, NPR was talking about advertisements, because Proctor & Gamble announced today that they were spending considerably less this year on television advertising. Thought I'd blog about that instead. Still, can't decide.

So, I got a lot of crap done this weekend. Both in the apartment and on gaming/OGE stuff. Surprising. Might be because I essentially took last week off from D&D. Spent the week making new characters for the Age of Worms adventure path, as I mentioned earlier. Final shoot is Nick - gnome Favoured Soul, Lukas - human Wu Jen, John - human Swashbuckler, Wendy - human Warlock. Looks like a balanced party. Wendy'd rather play the Spirit Shaman, I know, and Nick would rather NOT play a gnome (not grumpy enough for him, I think), but I think they're both gonna be cool about it and play the shit out. It suddenly struck me that there was no rogue figure. Oh well. In my opinion, the most unfortunate thing is the characters designed to utilize underplayed tactics in our games weren't picked. No hexblade with a spiked chain, no samurai tripping and feinting. Again, oh well. The Age of Worms is like our back up, back up path, so it will be the end of the year before we finish the first adventure most likely. *shrug*

In our local campaign, I hashed out the outline/flowchart for the funeral journey and realized that it's not going to take nearly as long PLAY time as I thought. Depending on the PCs, it'll be at least 14 or 18 days GAME time, but mostly, it's roleplaying. Should be fun. Best part is, it fits in the story line we're working up, AND force/challenges me to actually do some serious role-playing. I think that's where my weakest point is, which is dumb, cause that's what I find to be the most fun in the game....

Another realization I had was that I haven't planned far enough ahead. Because we're playing a Mark of Heroes adventure next week (or two), I have sweet time to plan a few adventures up. Unfortunately, a couple are basically done (with mods needed based on PC level), one or two are primarily roleplaying, and at least one is ENTIRELY dependant upon the roleplaying days.

As for the Mark of Heroes, we just grabbed the "fast play" characters, leaving the field looking like this; Nick - Shifter Barbarian, John - Human Tank (Fighter w/ scale and tower shield), Wendy - Kobold Wizard, Lukas - Dwarven Artificer. Should be fun.

I could keep rambling, but I'll leave it at that. I'll save the OGE news for later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home