6.09.2005

Guild Wars n Overpopulation

So, census numbers from last year show that we're sitting at almost 630 million people in el U S of A. I think. 630 or 640. Can't remember. A full half of our growth was the hispanic population, BUT for the first time since 1960 more hispanic children were born in the U.S. then swam to get here. Shityeah. That makes me happy. Seriously, I'm not sure why, but it's prolly somethng to do with illegal immigration and citizenship loyalties, I think. Don't feel like doing too much more self analysis today.

So, instead, I'll review Guild Wars. Fun little MMORPG. Best part is, I play online with millions but pay absolutely NO monthly fee for it. Go NCSoft. Other nice innovations;

You mutliclass. You get a primary profession and later pick up a secondary one. Yer primary has a special skill that's only received as a primary. Fer instance, being a ranger, my special skill is "Expertise" which makes me more accurate and reduces energy uses from attacks and nature shit. My secondary prof is elementalist, so I'm a ranger shooting arrows, sending my panther friend at people, and dropping fire from the sky. Had I picked elementalis as my primary, I'd have had "energy storage" as my special skill, which would give me more energy, but I wouldn't have "expertise" if I picked ranger as my 2ndary. I might still restart the guy and go with elementalist as my primary. We'll see.

The only "zones" that you share with the millions of other players are the cities. Missions and combat zones only have you in them. UNLESS you form a party of 1-7 other players, then they're all there with you.

You can form and join guilds, which then take part in the namesake guild wars. Didn't look at these too much, but I'm sure it's all about grabbing land, completing missions, and beating the crap out of other guilds. That's what makes guilds fun.

Personally, I'm enjoying soloing and figerin out what skills/profs work well together. I like the ranger/elementalist, but I wonder if elementalist/ranger might not be better. I'd like to try mesmer also, which is like an illusionist/enchanter type figure. Maybe mesmer/ranger or elementalist/mesmer. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home