6.21.2005

A little politicking

Well, Frist has announced he's leaving the Senate next year. Good riddance there. Talk about easily manipulated. First he announces he's dropping the Bolton issue, then mere hours later, he turns around at the Prez's whistle.

Now, I understand that congress has to work with the Man or he'll veto every bill, but seriously what president is gonna try that crap. Checks and balances. If he does, we've got a little procedure called impeachment.

So, no, clearly that's not the case. What that is is a simple case of Frist being one of Bush's whipping boys.

Unfortunately, word is, Fristy-poo's gonna run for President in '08. I'm registered Independant, so I can vote in that primary. Guess who isn't getting my support there. Even if the man wasn't an ass, his record in the past 5 years is shit. "Yes, masta president, whateva ya say masta president," is not the attitude of a man I won't to BE president in a couple of years.

No, what I'd like to see on the Republican front in '08 is McCane take another run at it. Seriously, we need some moderation in the front lines. With Cowboy Dean running the Dems for awhile, I don't expect them to provide it. Rather than running party vs. party, both sides need to run a "Best for America" campaign. Let's focus on education and our place in the international economy. No terrorism, no religion. We're losing ground in a big way to China and India. Nobody seems to notice. Make them notice. Whichever side does that gets my vote. Bottom line.

And yes, I realize this isn't my most well written post in awhile. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home