6.15.2005

it's official

Well, news finally came in today. No promotion for me. Twas kind of misleading, really. In the past, the management team have been kings of delivering bad news via notes, emails and phone calls. So, when I was given an envelope with my name on it, I expected the worst. However, inside there was a note, handwritten no less, asking me to come to the supe's office to meet about the decision. Meeting in person usually signifies good news, so it was with mild excitement and some trepidition (bout whether I'm really qualified, etc.) that I hopped on the shuttle.

Well, the short meeting included a brief rundown of the person's qualifications they did pick (definitely a better candidate than I), but more importantly, compliments on my interviewing skills as well as the level of growth they've noticed since my start here four years ago, AND most importantly (at least for this run-on) a cryptic heads up about other opportunities for me coming up. Seriously, if I had to apply some sleuth skills to what limited information came out of the meeting, I'd think they might be setting up a leadership position for each ER that answers to the ER Team Lead. I'm prolly wrong, but that's the impression I got. At the very least, they've got me pegged for something, and it doesn't sound like a pink slip. Just hope it's nothing to do with the mental health admitting deck being built to take some load off of the Riverside Emergency Room. Not sure if I'd take something like that or not........

And I just realized I forgot to bring the stats for an NPC I wanted to introduce in a quick one shot RP session to Nick. Damn. Oh well, sounds like next weekend's out for hitting my campaign anyway, so that gives me at least another week and a half to get the next adventure sorted out. The challenge for me here is to not trivialize a journey that has no combat encounters. Maybe I'll write up some decriptions tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home