6.14.2005

An ass ending to a great day

Man. What a great day it was. Got up early (as evidenced by my less than sensible tooth care post) and got in some fishing. Nick and I hit Vadnais Lake, which is absolutely beautiful. Clear water, good fish habitat, great stuff. Can't decide, but I think my favorite part was hitting a carp with my lure. Dumb fish were just sitting there, eating the scum off of the surface, so I nailed one of em. Course, it was good fun watching the sunfish come up and strike my lure(s) on the clear side of the lake.

After that, we caught bagels at the St. Paul Bagelry. Not sure what Nick thought of the place, but it's a crawl of mine. Had some good D&D chatter, and instituted a new class of laborer that has to desalinate the canals and irrigation system in the river valley. Good times as I came out with some good ideas on how to improve the campaign world. Thanks, man.

Went home and spent most of the morning working up the border graphics in vector. This'd be easier if my animation classes had included more than one day of Illustrator. *shrug* The plan, though, is to get the complex outlines on, transfer it into a .jpg and paint it in some raster software like GIMP or something. Think it'll be easier to get the shiny metal look that way. Either that, or I hop over and do it in 3D. *shrug* Makes me no nevermind.

The only hang up I ran into today was the damn halfling caravan that's killing me. Balancing the race's general joviality with the fact that its a damn funeral procession is throwing me off. I need to set down and just make the group into characters so I can get a good feel for em...... First I think I'll read through their chapter of Races of Wild, though.

But, that all crashed down when I got to work. Tis busy as a politician at a fund raising dinner tonight. Figered the lax showing of sick people last week would kick us in the ass soon. Still, it's summer, so volume's gonna be nothing compared to the first couple of weeks of school, with all of the drunk freshman and sophomores coming in. Better enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home