12.05.2004

checkin off the list

Man, it's gonna be busy today. :( Fortunately, that means I'll just be mildly annoyed with all of the patients and not homicidally angry with a select few. :P to them. Stay home, watch football, it's Sunday in America after all.

Anyway, this weekend I managed to check off three things from the months goals, and take a big chunk out of two of them....although two of the check offs just refill after Friday.

First, finished Wendy's story. I say finished. I finished reading the first part of it she gave me. I've read other parts out of time with this one, so I know where it's going, but this part is the beginning, so it was more like reading a book. We had a good critical discussion about it last night, so she knows my thoughts on it. It's one of those stories I can't wait to see finished, and I can't wait for other people to get into it, too.

I think for the most part, I've got next week's adventure wrapped up, too. I still gotta figer out how I'm gonna handle pc's bluff skills in a real life poker game, but I've got a rough idea for that.

And finally, I finished knockin out my character for Nick's adventure after the poker tournament. Gotta tell ya, I can't wait to play this guy.

He's a little crazy, for the reasons listed in yesterday's post, so he'll be fun. 3 illus/3 druid/2 geomancer. He goes by G-leaf, although his name is much longer. As a geomancer, he's grown a white, downy fur all over his body, complete with leopard spots. It works, cause one of his druidic animal companions is a snow leopard, but I forgot her name. Along with her is an Irish Wolfhound named Granite, trained to carry our little gnome friend as a mount (complete with special saddle), and a female lemur named LeLe, which rides the hound when G-leaf is hoofin it himself. As an illusionist, he picked up a familiar a little late in the game. I'm saving that one for the game as a bit of a surprise. All I can say is "Thank You, Savage Species manual."

Interesting items our addle-brained hero carries include a golden sickle of throwing, a couple of magical collars for the leopard and hound, and an extensive array of wands, scrolls and defensive magical items. He should be a fun one.

And if Nick makes us start at lvl 1 for his campaign, I'm gonna try to play a tauric monster (think centuar). I'm thinking maybe the upper torso of a pixe, with the hind quarters and body of a weasel. :) Or maybe I'll play a gay elf with a simbiotic Republican dwarf attached to his back....

Anyway, here's hoping this post posts, as it took me 1.5 hours to type it between patients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home