12.01.2004

So get yourself a cheap wedding ring. du du du duh duh du du

ZZ Top rocks.

So yeah, scored my wedding ring on Monday. Custom made, should be here by Christmas. Wendy's came in the mail Monday too. Hers rocks. Accompanies the engagement ring beautifully, although it looks like a lot of jewelry on her little hands. We'll get matching rings later, when we either A) have a couple G floating around to flip onto jewelry or B) I save enough scratch to propose again with more grandeur. Granted, it's gonna be hard to beat sitting on the couch watching Balto.

So here's some links.

Wendys.
http://www.jewelrybydaoud.com/detail.asp?ProductID=115&cat=2&subcat=18
http://www.jewelrybydaoud.com/detail.asp?ProductID=153&cat=2&subcat=18
Hers is silver, with the main engagement stone being a deep garnet, accompanied by white topaz. The wedding ring is the same, with two garnets and three white topaz. In the utmost moment of smooth, we checked out this guy's booth at Ren Fest last year, and through select probing questions on unrelated subjects, she picked this thing out. Then I just had to sneak back and buy it. Rock.

As for Dao'ud. Or David. Not a bad guy. I still hold a little animosity toward him for being late with both rings *and* ruining the surprise last year. Part of the reason for Balto was that I blew my cash wad on a night of what was meant to be dinner, a play, Christmas lights, and proposal, but the ring was two weeks late, so the night was dinner and Othello. Then, when I called to find out if the ring was coming, he failed to contact me at work, and instead left a message at home something along the lines of "This is Dao'ud, I'm just returning your call about your order." Now, when the company name is Jewelry By Dao'ud, it's pretty damn obvious there's something in the works, and Wendy's too bright for me to have chalked it up to her getting a most awesomest Christmas present from me from the guys....although it was, it just wasn't meant to be a Christmas present.

Regardless, I'm pleased with the craftmanship and unique design of the ring. If you're looking for something a little different, check out his website. Just don't plan tightly around his 12 week schedule. He hasn't made it yet. At least not for us.

Mine.
http://www.raru.com/images/celt/dragon2tone.jpg
http://www.customceltic.com/images/dragbnd2tn9mm.jpg
http://www.raru.com/instock/images/b478.jpg
I went with a white gold center, with rose gold rails. I'm still a little nervous about this company, so I'll review their performance later. They're very nice on the phone, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home