11.24.2004

game 1:Nezumi Boomstick RL vs. Crane Dueler

This is the first in a duo of gaming posts today. Last night we got in a quick L5R game waiting for John to arrive, then knocked out a bit of D&D. I'll post D&D tonight when I have more time.

As for L5R, I won this game pretty soundly. With no honor meta, and the only duel meta being three Kharmic Strikes, I figured Nick would own me. Not so. I'll try to recap as much as possible.

Believe it or not, I got a third turn Ratling Raiders. Popped a village token and a 1F Rat Guide on the main raider and attacked on turn 4. Despite having the -2 ranged guy that's duel happy, and the Dragon chic that reacts by forcing a duel when on is refused, Nick opted to not defend, so I dropped a From Every Side and took the prov. Brought out a Yoe'trr and Ep'kee.

Next turn, Nick built up the -2 ranged guy with a Kenishen and the 0/2 weapon that's 2/2 on a samurai, then brought out the chic from old school that can permantly boost force or chi after a peep wins a duel. Pop a village token on Epkee and attack again for me. Sneak, range to Kenishen from Yoe'trr, Nick drops a delayed terrain from old that ends the battle before resolution, I Nezumi Techniques his sword, he duels Yoe'trr away (I think), and I peasant vengeance his duelist. Everyone goes home unbowed thanks to the terrain. I bring out another Yoe'trr and Dg'rnki.

He duels down both Yoe and Dg, and somehow I lose the main Raider. He brings out a 2/8 dueler and another damn -2 ranged guy. I attack again. Can't remember how he defends, but I pop another province and bring out Htach and Erchichek I think.

NExt battle has Htach and Epkee on one prov, Erch with CPR and 2 raider guys on another prov. He defends against Htach, duels Epkee dead, I send hom Htach. Tireless Htach into the undefended prov and take it.

I think he bowed next turn, in part to John showing up, but in part to me having Htach, Erch, 2 raider tokens, pulling a 2nd raider (only one in my deck, but that's Tomorrow Sensei love for you), and another rat out, and him only being at 20some honor. Somewhere in there he dueled out Ik'krt, too.

Nicks favorite combo - Iaujatsu lesson, I refuse, bow the Monk for her reaction, I lose 7 honor and 1 peep. Oh well, he doesn't gain 5 honor that way.

My MVCard - Tomorrow Sensei and Path of Wisdom. PoW let me run the sensei every turn for free. Sensei sped me up and got me Epkee, Yoe'trr, and Dgrnki for 1, 1, and 2 respecitvely off the ratling village. That's love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home