11.07.2006

ballot +5694030a3j10

Vote. It's your civic duty.

But first, I digress. Just to keep the countdown alive, it's 85 days til the lease is up. We found one condo that's probably a go, but I'm hesitant to get a pseudo wonky interest only loan....

Back to politics.

What do we have here in Minnesota? Ballotwise, there's the transpo thing, and that's about all I've educated myself on, let alone heard anything about. Then we've got governor, senator, representative in some districts (still don't know if I'm in one of those districts), mayor in my town, several state positions including Attorney General, etc..... Ironically, this year, most of my views are aligned with the Independance party. And let me tell you, I'm hip to that. Can't say I've been a fan of the two party system for quite sometime.

Hell, I still say we drop independant electoral funding, make ALL candidates split an annual election fund pulled from taxes on the federal, state, and local levels, ban advertising and campaigning by groups not associated with the party (or at the least, say that if one of them runs an ad, the candidate in their party loses that much from the tax fund, which just stays in there for next year), and put in a run off voting scheme similar to Europe. You vote for 1-5 in descending order and the guy that gets the most 1's wins. Second place is vice president.

How am I voting?
Governor - Peter Hutchinson. I hate the DFL candidate Mike Hatch, and while Pawlenty has done a decent job, he hasn't done a great job.
Senate - Amy Klobuchar. It's between her and the Independant guy pretty evenly on most issues, but he's got a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Besides, I can't get down with Kennedy's yesman style, and just in case the race closes tight, I'm voting him out more than anything.

Everyone else I can't remember their names, but I'm going mostly independant, except for AG, where I'm going Dem, because, while I can't stand Mike Hatch, his former coworker in the AG's office is really the most sensible of all the candidates.

But Now, Wendy needs the compy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home