10.24.2006

T-minus OH FUCK HOW LONG?

Whelp, yesterday marked 100 days until our lease expires. Wow. That makes the little place on Juno all the more attractive, AND makes Fed Ex more of a necessity than I'd hoped. Probably that or rent a little longer. The smart thing to do at this point would be to get an apartment and just save the difference between the actual rent and what we expect in a house payment. *shrug* And make sure we get a build/buy clause apparently.

No gaming this weekend. I was a bit under the weather Sunday night and Charlie worked, and last night, John worked til 8ish. Ouch. Honestly, no skin off my ass. In part due to my mood lately and in part due to BF 2142 coming out, I just haven't been in an RPG sort of mind set. Sure, I'm getting great ideas for Iorthim and progressing on that slowly, but otherwise just haven't given a fuck.

As for a 2142 review, mine would be biased. Gotta love a game where I can get 20+ kills in a round as a sniper consistantly. A lot of that is maps that are designed for infantry combat. Camp Gibraltar is a dream come true. I like that the global scoring system awards a point value for badges and awards that goes toward your rank. Makes those combat efficiency pins and infiltrator pins (5 head shots in a round as sniper) more valuable, cause I'm finding them pretty easy to get. The unlock system is more fun that I thought it'd be. My only beef with it is that it really, really awards the guys that do nothing but play the game. While none of the unlocks are game breakers, a lot of them give definite advantages. Hell, you need three promotions to get the stealth suit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home