10.21.2006

Cleaning up the piehole

So, we're shopping for a house. Or a condo. Or a townhouse. Really, I'd prefer a house, cause I'd like a basement/game room. Something to turn into an RPG mecca. I can wait on that, though, cause obviously we can't afford anything in the Ramsey Hill area that's a full house. *shrug*

Since new housing means an inevitable move PLUS a major need for cash, we're raiding the stocks of stuff that we "might use again sometime" and dumping it all on eBay. I hit the first phase today, the five (whoa! so many) 3.0 edition D&D books I've just not ever used since we switched to 3.5. All those class specific trade paperbacks. Still debating the games we don't play (but might sometime hehe) and the games that I've obviously picked up at cons cause they were A)$5.00 or less and B) have great amounts of nostalgia attached. I'm looking at you AD&D 2nd Edition and Battletech/Mechwarrior. Some of the books on that space in the closet are staying for one reason. No real eBay value. Seriously, I don't think any of the five people that have heard of Furrie Pirates or Supermegatopia are gonna buy it on eBay, and even though I found the newest incarnation of the Marvel Superhero RPG to have an interesting game system, the success of Mutants and Masterminds really, really lowers the value of that sourcebook. *shrug*

Regardless, tomorrow or later this evening, I'll throw up auctions for the entirety of my L5R collection. That SHOULD be a big pain in the ass, because there's thousands of cards in there, but I went through them all the other night and grouped them by card, at which point I noticed/remembered that I've either sold or tossed out the majority of the worthwhile rare cards, so I've just got a bunch of commons and uncommons. Rather than dick around with hundreds of full set commons, there's gonna be four auctions. One auction of strongholds, fourteen in all. One full set of the five rings. One auction (might break this one down) containing the remainder of my rares. And one big honking auction of everything else. That's a full stack of cards over 14" tall! I figure I'll get like $3.00. lol. Oh well, shipping is gonna be liike $10 on that bitch.

So, if any of my blog fans want any L5R cards before I put those auction up, let me know. ;)

Next week I'll probably hit the fiction shelves......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home