9.08.2006

recharging the capacitor

Man have I been exhausted this week. Tuesday I set out determined to get my ass out of bed at 5:20am every morning. I think I did 5:45 Tuesday. Each day it got a little later, hitting 7:15 this morning. Why'd I try? Well, next week the new gig starts and I gotta leave my palace at 7:15. Sure, I could shower and eat in about 20 minutes, but I don't really like doing that. Well, I do, but I don't like leaving once that's done. I'd rather chill for a half hour or more, checking emails, do a little art, etc before I start the real day. That's why 5ish is tempting. Not sure if it'll be possible though. Certainly not if I don't learn to sleep again sometime soon. I think I forgot about three weeks ago.

Anyway, I digress. What a lackluster last day I've had. A few people have said the requisite "Stay in touch," but that's about it. I got a card, but that was supposed to be yesterday, and the dude just forgot.... *shrug* No big. It actually makes not talking to any of my coworkers that much easier, which is something I'd kind of looked forward to with a few of them.

And in case your reading this and saying, "who cares about you, talk about a game," here's my current rig in EVE online:

Bo3 Coll (the name)
Minmattar Rifter (ship type)
-High Slots-
3x 200mm Gallium Machineguns (1 w/EMP, 1 w/Proton S, 1 w/Phased something or other)
1x standard missile launcher I (w/Flamehurst missiles, cause I found em cheap in a random system. Like 0.20 isk each. Hard to pass up that deal even if I should be using the EMP missiles since I use the launcher to weaken shields until I can close with my cannons)
-Medium Slots-
Shield Booster I
1 MN afterburner
1 empty
-Low Slots-
1 standard armor repair module
1 engine/agility boost (can't remember which one)
1 nano armor hardener thing (the one that gives an 8% boost to all damage resistance)

Obviously, I still haven't decided whether to speed tank, armor tank, or shield tank. Mainly cause so far I've only bought the cannons and ammo. The rest is rat loot. I'll start running some missions soon and see which I prefer. Shield tanking is tempting since it recharges itself, but I need to hit some capacitor boosts for that. Armor tanking is the easy way to go with a Rifter I'm told, which is why I'm tempted not to do it. Actually, though I like speed tanking the most, since it also directly benefits regular travel. I just need to figure out how to do that. lol.

Regardless, I at least know I can fight off two rats with a "significant" threat level and only lose about 8% shield with the bird as is. Hopefully I'll get to run "Worlds Collide" and really test the beast against Minmi rats. That mish usuall sends me running at least once in the Slasher (named Taran).

Oh, and I need to train up the morph skill and through a jump clone in the space dock that's holding Gurgi. That's my fast little shuttle. Although, with the afterburner on the Coll, it can fly 150% faster than the Gurgi......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home