8.29.2006

transition

Last night could have been the last dying breath of our Menagerie campaign, but I think we saved it. For now, we'll play on Monday sans Wendy until she gets Monday nights off. That'll prolly change again next semester with John's classes, but in two weeks, I'll be getting off at 4:30, so we can both start earlier and have some socializing time before we begin.

Personally, last night was one of the most enjoyable sessions I've had DMing in awhile. Not sure why, maybe it was the wing nut style of the session, but I felt pretty good with the RP of the three significant NPCs.

That being said, my worry is the session wasn't interactive enough for the group. Not a lot happened to challenge the players. I'd wanted to get a significant encounter in near the end, but there wasn't much time and the audience was waning. I have to say, though, the RP the group was putting out was goin on awesome, too. We had some good group development, some good independant character development (the assassin's eyebrow? hell yeah), the out of character chatter was minimal, and everyone pretty well stayed in character even then. Good stuff. I hope we can keep up that flow next week when it's just John, Nick, and myself.

On a personal evalution front, I'd say rather than making the crate big and unruly, I should have simply secured it to the ship in a permanent fashion. I figure a captain holding his estranged lover captive in an interdimensional space warp and utilizing her super manipulative air powers to the benefit of his ship and crew is NOT going to want the secret door to the cell stolen, broken, or accidentally thrown overboard when the ship's being chased by the Black Pearl or Flying Duchtman and needs to lighten the load.... I just need to be less heavy handed about it. Next time. next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home