8.25.2006

Around the world in 80 days

OK. So I've wanted to run a campaign/adventure series called Fireball Run for sometime now. It's pretty much a spoof on Cannonball Run set in a D&D fantasy world.

Hence, my interest when I found a forum thread comparing a few different campaign ideas, one of which was a pulp, pre WWII, steampunk/etherscope race around the world. I'm reading the thread, enjoying the ideas, when someone suggests that you'd need checkpoints or some other reason take a certain route otherwise, "someone will just take the shortest distance around the world." Initially, that was the funniest damn thing I'd seen all day. I mean, the world's a big ball. There is no shortest distance. It's not as funny after thinking about it, though. But still. I've got nothing else to post about today.

Nevertheless, it'd be a fun campaign I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home