11.21.2005

Wow. That's so big.

Lotta stuff to go over today. First of all, there's a new webcomic up over at TorC Press. I posted it last week and forgot to link to it, OR I forgot I already linked to it and am too lazy to look. Regradless, check it out.

Second, my first published D&D adventure is out. That's right, Suck Da Head, Squeeze Da Tail, a MASSIVE compilation of charity work for Habitat for Humanity is out over at RPG EDGE. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but as I wrote it, the beast was 20 pages plus a map. If they added art, that's a lot of action, but still just over 1/10 of the full product, so check that baby out. $10 of the $15.75 goes to the charity. Most of the rest goes to the website. Kind of a bummer, but the guys that run it our good folks, as is the publisher that puts it out. *shrug*

And finally, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I'll be disagreeing with a few people here, so get ready.

First, good flick, but severly lacking by comparison to the book. So far, I think the third has been the most enjoyable. This one cut way to much stuff out, but still catered to the people that were there to see the book on the big screen. This is NOT the flick that a non-Potter fan can pick up and know what's going on. That's disappointing. If you're a fan of the movies, but haven't read the books up to this point, you miss out on a lot with the fourth movie.

From the beginning, the Quidditch World Cup was nonexistant, and even 5 minutes of that would have been worthwhile. No Dursleys only adds to the shortened intro. Many parts of the flick just felt like a made for TV event with perfect spots for commercial breaks. Too much of the movie focues on the Tri Wizard Tournament. When were the kids in school? Where were the house elves? Wasn't there a Christmas scene? The flick was too short, or perhaps should have been two movies, possibly released 6 months apart. *shrug*

Acting wise, here's where I disagree with everyone. I thought the Dead Diggory scene was WAY overplayed by Radcliffe. It just seemed like fake hysterics to me. I really think he's the weakest of the three main actors in this flick, with Rupert nailing Ron spot on. In fact, I think Rupert acts Ron better than Rowlings WRITES Ron. I do agree with everyone that Hermione was a bit sidelined in this one.

I think overall, I might put HPatGF on the bottom rung of the four flicks thus far, but I haven't watched 1 or 2 in quite sometime, and I could probably stand to watch 4 again. None of this is to say that I didn't like the movie. I loved it. It's kind of like saying A New Hope is the weakest of the original Star Wars or Return of the King is my least favorite of the three LotR. If you have to rank something, there's gonna be a bottom rung. That doesn't mean the ladder sucks....

On another note, be warned. I've just been inspired by a blogger that's doing "101 days of D&D" on his blog as a goal to learn D&D inside and out. I MIGHT start something similar here. It would go a long way to move the blog away from the diary that it's been lately, which isn't what i envisioned it orginally. Actually, the original vision was a test front for various blog agents for Joe's website, but I stuck with it, cause it's fun, and gives me something to do on hold.

That's it from the rainbow pipe dream of sensibility. Until next time....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rupert DOES do Ron better than Rowlings writes Ron. I mean...I love Ron no matter what, but I really dig on Rupert's Ron. :)
--Royo.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home