11.17.2005

On my knees

Now, I know that it might have seemed like I was really pissed off last night after Munchkin, but I wasn't. That's just good roleplaying. ;) When anyone at level 9 flips a Drooling Slime, what's the point?

So, here's my proposal for a little house rule. Sure, it's geared at you, Nick, but that's only because of your uncanny ability to win by fighting a Drooling Slime, Pit Bull, Potted Plant, or Crabs. How could such a glorious champion go from killing a Squidzilla to squashing such ants?

Which is why I have two house rules proposals. I'm post em here so that anyone else searching for Munchkin House Rules can take up the cause. I'll rank them Simple and Not-So-Simple.

Simple - You can not win by defeating a monster with less than half your levels. Keep the treasure. Rape the corpse (is it really rape if they don't say no?). Do what you will, but gain no level from such a heinous squashing of the meek and poor.

Not-So-Simple - Not only can you not win by defeating a monster with less than half your levels, but if you're at level 9, you must walk away (really really fast) from any beast that is less than half your levels UNLESS you trick it into fighting by giving it a treasure, ie "That thief lame goblin stole my Boots of Butt Kicking! I kill it!" Sure, you lose that treasure (broke in the battle), but you get any treasure the villianous knave had. Bit of a gamble, sure, but what game isn't?

And finally, a Munchkin Variant (that's a search term, too)!

Munchkin Variant - Iron Munchkin (can't rememver if this is in the rules or not)

When you die, you return to level 1 and Lose All Your Stuff, unless you have a Henchman to carry it for you. Although, if you die with a henchman in tow, an opponent can Kill The Henchman to take all of your stuff. In addition, the above Not-So-Simple rule applies (so if you fail to walk away really, really fast, you might die, which sucks, but such is the price of arrogance).

Could be fun. And I hope I managed to catch the flavor of the orginial rules in this post. If not....eat me. I go well with Rat on a Stick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home