11.11.2005

Review:BF 2 online

Last night I played Battlefield 2 online on an unranked server. Boy do I suck. I think my kill to death ratio was something like 5:9. Admittedly, that's better than about 5 people on my team at any given time and 10-12 on that server, but it still feels like the majority of the opposing army is gunning for you at that point. Especially when some damn sniper in a tower pops you so much you literally fear him (AmzngShfmn [fears] assholeintower). Then there's the bastards in the helicopters that can somehow pick a camoed sniper out of a bush while whipping nuts overhead. How do they do that from just a muzzle flash?

Regardless, even an unranked server is damn addicting, and I didn't quit til some jackwad managed to jump out of the tank I was shooting (with an antitank rocket) and shoot me in the face with his own antitank rocket in one smooth, uber cool looking motion. I can't imagine what the ranked servers are like, where you can score points toward promotions, awards and badges. My first goal? The basic sniper badge. I need 15 sniper kills in one round for that. My best so far? 3. Gonna be awhile.

Next test is squad play. Last night I ran lone wolf the whole time, so I'm gonna try some squad based action. That, or I'm gonna work on finding good defensive positions to pick people off from as a sniper. *shrug*

And just in case anybody is worried that my new found addiction for a game that I can't really explain why I like it will interfere with the D&D writing project, fear not! Mornings and breaks at work are taking up that time, and I'm still ahead of schedule. Right now, I'm supposed to have an outline done for a conference call this weekend. I actually have the outline done, some of the research done for the first chapter I'm proposing and FOUR of the monsters statted up to the point I can submit them to the editor and artist. Of course, that's the easy stuff, so I'm sure to slow down once I start writing.

Now if I can just get something to work putting the Argren characters on the user group I made for that campaign. Arrgh. Must. Refrain. From. Buying. a. New. Scanner!

Well, I'm still on hold, so I'd love to continue this rambling journey through my mind, but I've exhausted the current subject matter.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home