8.19.2005

four little blue squares

Today, I come to you with absolutely nothing to say. Let me reach deeply into the ole anal cavity here........ Hey. There's my remote!

Ok, sorry. Anyway, I hope that the adoring praise I got for the map of Reginald de Beouf's Estate was honest, because I'm thinking that another line of products that Organ Grinder could put out is similar to WotC's own Map Folios (presently at I, II, and 3D). Making maps is one of my favorite parts of DMing, and I certainly wouldn't mind selling a collection of 15-20 maps with no labels for $5 or so. That's not a great turn around for my time, but hopefully at that price I'd sell enough to make it worth my time....

Actually, I just did a little product research. Wizard's 'Folios' run $9.95 for 32 maps (not sure on 3D), although it's 64 pages there's a map on only 1 side of a page. In the first, they're a mix of about 7 settings, while the second is a Maztican fortress city. From the reviews I've seen on Amazon, blank maps aren't popular in an 8 1/2" x 11" format. So, I either need to include info on each map (essentially writing an adventure), or make them the size of a playmat (ie, 1" square equals 5') and figure out a good way for the pdf buyer to print them....

Oh well, back to focusing on Myrrhlanthus for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home