7.29.2005

Not doin it doggie style

Well, no gaming this weekend. John and Luke are partying tomorrow. Nick works late tonight, and Wendy works early tomorrow. Both have conflicting schedules Sunday. Boo. Unfortunately, Wendy and I are on vacation next weekend (Wizard World Chicago, baby!), so no gaming then either.

Fortunately, after that we've got three weeks to nail my campaign (hopefully) before Nick and I hit camping. In theory, the next adventure (part 1 in a 4-6 part quest) will probably take two or three sessions, so most likely that'll be August, with the odd week either filled with the monster campaign or another playtest for a start up d20 company. After that, though, short of holidays, I don't see missing much gaming (I hope). I'd like to get the quest wrapped up by Christmas, which in theory should put the characters at about level 7 or 8 and primed for some world saving. In theory. There's always the chance the players will decide this whole fighting evil thing isn't for them, so they'd rather move to Crocus, infiltrate the theives' guild and take over. Or join forces with the evil desert wizard devoted to steam golems and in need of a group of adventures to divert the Green River to his sand castle fortress thereby powering his army of petrified tree mechs and allowing him to conquer the world.... But even so, there's a plan in place if nobody decides to do anything. If they do, that's fine. In fact, it's encouraged.

Can you tell it was another slow day? I could talk about Frist breaking ranks on stem cell research (which is a move I think we'll see more of as he gears up for a ran at the top). I could talk about the disappointing grounding of Atlantis. I just don't feel like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home