7.27.2005

simmering

What to talk about..... I jammed to my MP3 player until the battery pooped out today, so little news has hit me, although some of the feminist activism lists I somehow got on are telling me my right to birth control is in danger. Funny thing is, earlier this year I did read an article about a tablet in development that acts as birth control for dudes. Obviously it'll be a year or two afore that hits the shelves, unless my right to birth control is truly in danger....

I also saw an article on the BBC (can't find the link now) about an female android they made in Japan. Looks totally real in the face, and apparently has a lot of upper body movement that is authentic. Of course, it only has upper body movement and needs an air compressor at hand, so it aint' moving anywhere. Still, if you're a lonely guy needing some love, I don't know that you need to hit the town, really. ;)

Oh yeah. Got my hiking pack today. Sweet. Very excited. Surprisingly good quality for military surplus. My only beefs are that I don't know how the hell I'm gonna get my sleeping bag in it, and that since I didn't get to try it on (mail order), it's a bit short. Basically, the belt straps are too long for my abdominal area, but the shoulder straps are a bit too short to fit the belt around my iliac crest where it's supposed to go. Oh, and the chest strap is too high. Still, I think I can take a needle and some thread to the belt strap to cinch it up a bit. So then I just have to figure out how to compress my sleeping bag into as small a roll as possible. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home