1.05.2005

some reveiws

You'd think after vowing to post every day, I'd keep some reviews in my pocket for a rainy day. Not me. I'm gonna review some of the Christmas gifts right now. Good thing about that is I just remembered I need to do a bit of gun research.

Chobits

Joe Joe scored big with the first four episodes. The basics of the series is that a farm boy moves to Tokyo to attend college prep school in hopes of going to University there next year. He's totally blown away by the persocoms he finds there. Persocoms are computers that look and act like people, but serve as robots and general PCs much like those we keep in our desks and pockets now. He wishes for a great one, then finds one in the trash. She's cute and loyal, but doesn't work and has no identifying marks of any sort... The series is a mix of teaching his persocom to work, trying to solve her mysteries, and dealing with his own country boy issues in the big city (like being too embarrased to buy underthreads for his persocom).

I gotta say, this show cracks me up. Sure, the little portable persocom gets annoying at times, but still. I dig the show bigtime. Enough to prolly go buy the whole series when I have spare anime scratch again.

D&D Books

Complete Divine
Boolah popped this one in my gift box not knowing anything about D&D, but knowing I dug magic. It covers all of the holy/unholy "godstuff". Pretty useful, although not specifically in our present campaign. Still, the relics are cool and adventure worthy, and the plethora of spells it accumulates rocks. Combining this with Savage Species, Races of Destiny, the erotic manual, and all of those little paperback supplements means I need to borrow Complete Arcana from John and type up new spell lists for each class. OOff.

Races of Destiny
This guide covers humans, half-elves, and half-orcs in a lot of detail. There's also a brief touch on half-ogres, dopplegangers and the like, as well as a new race...the Illumians. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it's already sparked one adventure idea. Gotta love any rules supplement that gives you a fresh idea every 50 pages or so.

Well, the biznatch is picking up, and the missing finger is in, so I better go. Incidentally, the finger WAS NOT cut off. A small piece of skin about half the size of her fingernail was taken out. The older sister wants it sewed back on. Looks to me like this girl needs to get a will of her own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home