11.21.2004

Fourth Time's a Charm?

Well, here's yet another attempt at a post this week. Thrice before I've tried to post on a variant of this topic and thrice before I've been thwarted. Twice, Blogger was updating the servers or something, and once, Explorer just crashed completely. So, this time, I'm posting only half of those previous posts. The important half. My hope is that it was the movie rumors that were cursing my post. To summarize those (and in fact not post only half of those posts), Nicholas Cage is a lock as Ghost Rider, the director of Bourne Identity is stuposedly directing Watchmen, due out summer 2006, and Van Wilder is negotiating to play Flash, because Deadpool is just too hard for them to make a movie right now.

The rest of the post pertained to my animation projects at the moment. What I've decided to do is post little images and occasionally small, low quality clips of models/animations that I'm working on here for comments from you guys. In the first of the three failed posts, we had a discussion about which project to proceed on; the short, heavy lip-synched project to enhance my reel, or the long, no lip-synching, but lots of technical difficulty project meant for film festivals. Thanks to you, my readers, and the power of the internet to bring a conclusion to a conversation that never happened, we decided to enhance the reel one final time, in a huge way before jumping into the film festival project.

One of the reasons we decided this was the hope that one of the larger projects I could get into would kick into gear. The absolutely most likely of these is for Big Country to wrap up his recording studio, lay down some toons, and Joe and I to kick together an animated Gorillaz-esque band. Only instead of circulating the videos on MTV, we'd hit the peer-to-peer channels and offer up a CD/DVD combo.

Second to that project is the slim chance I can organize an animation/art team to put together a teen animated series for public television. You see, I've recently started working with a former executive producer for the regional public television channel. Not only did she used to run most of the channel, but she's positive she could easily help me get funding for a project like that, provided she was interested in it and thought it would do well on a local or national level. Trouble I've hit there is that none of the animators I've approached are interested. Or have time. Still got a couple of people to ask, but the reality is I myself may not have time. If the response I get continues to be negative, I may just develop a working relationship with her and keep that in my back pocket until I get an idea that absolutely has to go.

So, look back here for some Work In Progress updates from me, as well as a recap of some upcoming D&D games this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home