12.02.2006

hyrbid taxi yay

60 days til we move, and guess what. We have a place! Whoot. We'll be on Grand Ave. Now we gotta decide if we want a garage.... It costs extra, but in the neighborhood, Monday they clean one side of the street, Tuesday the other. Couple that with Grand Ole Days and the other festivals in the area, and it might be worth the extra cost to only have to fuck around with ONE car on the street....

Moving on. Remember way back when I was talking stocks? Remember Ballard Power Systems, the Canadian fuel cell technology company I was recommending. Here's some news. In a partnership with a hybrid technology company (can't remember the name), they've got some of the energy transfer systems into New York. How? The taxi committee in that city has approved that company's Crown Vic hybrid stretch limo and the Ford Escape as suitable vehicles, emission wise, for ferrying people around the city. Hybrid stretch limo. Shit yeah. Glad to see my idea of buying up a butt load of hybrid Accords for a green-ish taxi service isn't a total wash... The company also has some gear going into California now. Couple that with the fuel cell bus action in D.C. and that's some growing news. Now if they can just turn a profit. ;) Sad thing is, I'm pretty sure they're making money in Japan, selling fuel cells as back up power supplies and what not, because non-renewably generated electricity is damn expensive over there I'm told. *shrug* Gotta spend it to make it, right?

I just hope the recent downward trend in oil doesn't kill the growth of the industry. Well, that, and I hope that ethanol doesn't derail it. I'm still skeptical about using food to fuel transportation. I mean mechanical transportation. It'd be ironic if the world's need to drive generated famine. Can't say I trust the modern tendancy to build government policy around (or agianst, in the case of the Prez) news clips. Doesn't strike me as a good way to keep people fed. Until the media screams, then we're out of gas again.... But the tipsy boat trend we're on right now is a rant for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home