11.03.2005

Attack From The Skies

It's time to review Shonen Jump again. Yay!

Naruto: Naruto wraps up the fight between Sasuke and Ino. Another quick round blazes through, and finally, Naruto enters the action. We only get one chapter of that battle, but it's enough for Naruto to surprise everyone. The middle fight is between Shikamaru (shadow warrior) and Tsuchi (sound ninja). Short, but sweet, and I loved the tactics employed by Shikamaru. Oh yeah, I forgot there was another round of fighting in here with one of the sand team, but it happened off screen and VERY quickly.

One Piece: OP jumps into the fight with Arlong's crew. As expected, Luffy jumps straight in, wallops most of the weaker crew, and then Zolo, Usopp, and Sanji go to work. That's right, Usopp gets some action. Zolo's wounds start to bother him, Sanji gets distracted, and we leave on a cliff hanger with the villagers REALLY wanting to help out. Utter distruction and chaos are the norm this month. So far, I'm thinking the Arlong arc has been the best I've read.

Yu Yu Hasuke: The team gets a little time off. Hanging with the girls. The egg hatches. A little humor ensues. And somehow, there's time for more Reiki training.

Hikaru no Go: Akira finishes up his match. Sai thinks Akira's an angel. I can't figure out why I like this one so much, but I do. *shrug*

Shaman King: Ryu gets his pompadour split in twain. As Horohoro and Ryu fend off the dreaded five-curse squad, Yoh goes to rescue Ren. Ren is still set on destroying his father, and Yoh insists on helping. First, they have to make it through the torture brothers.

As usual, I skipped Yu-gi-oh and Rurouni Kenshin. Overall, it was a solid issue. Good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jorge Mackton said...

I haven't been following Kenshin myself, so I had trouble following the little story they threw in. Looked cool.

Shafe-o. Was I right or was I right about One Piece? Hell yeah I was right.

I've reread the Gum-Gum Windmill/Moo-Moo the Cow bit, like, twenty times now. Perfection.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home