5.10.2005

Yet another challenge

The fun continues on the homebrew campaign. This time, it's in the form of planar alignments. See, when an evil being goes to a plane that's mildly good, said being gets a -2 to Charisma checks. Seriously good plane? That's a -2 to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma checks. So, the question was raised, can a wizard replicate that effect?

Well, at level 2, my ruling is that a character doesn't even know that effect exists. I may throw a book in the good ole library that mentions such a thing, though. Depends if we decide a wizard CAN replicate that effect.

Which brings us to the first in a series of new power/spell questions.

Is this effect more of a divine or arcane effect? Unfortunately, I grabbed my PHB instead of my DMG (silly me), so I can't answer it thoroughly right now, BUT, initially, I'd say that since both types of spellcasters have access to planar travel spells, both spellcasters could replicate the effect.

And once again, train of thought derailed while at work. I'll have to finish this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home