5.06.2005

Woe is the delayed blog post.

Damn. This afternoon I was jazzed as hell to write this thing. Three hours and umpteen patients later, and the meat of the subject is still there, just not the excited fervor for blending the words into a piece of glory. Crying shame.

Today's blog entry is once again about my campaign. The world is now named....Argren. Still no name for the campaign, though. I hesitate to name it after one of the characters, because they're all important. Likewise, naming it after a villain reveals which villain is the Big'un... I'll work something up. Not important now, though.

Today, I was working on the cosmology. Since the world's flat, with portals and the like at the edges, how does that all link up? So, I sketched up the simplest of maps and pinpointed any interplanar travel spots.

A few places act as wormholes. You travel through a cloudbank, then BAM!, you're in a force tunnel in Limbo/the Astral or whatever, until you 'land' at the end of the tunnel and the plane it connects with.

A few places are gates. One being the previously mentioned gate to the demiplane of Fey on the Elven Isle. These are the portals that need some sort of activation, usually have some type of guardian, and are the easiest to avoid.

The third type is the worst. It stems straight out of legend. Certain areas just happen to be connected. One minute you're wallking across the frozen tundra and the next you're on the Demiplane of Ice. You're seeking shelter from a storm in a cave, but when you try to leave, you find you're on the Elemental Plane of Earth.

I still haven't figured out how the planar travel spells work in game. Got awhile for those I think....

Regardless, my excitement earlier came from the fact that this has got to be my favorite campaign EVER. We've got a good set of characters. The setting's starting to feel real (to me. I just have to get that feeling to the players.) The characters and players are thinking ahead and coming up with stuff that makes me think... Creativity is flowing good. That may change, but so far, we're golden. The best part, though, is that thrice I've been presented with a problem, question or concern that I've initially thought "Hell No. No way," over, but each time, with a little creativity, I've made it work in the setting. Love it. Tis good. I'm having fun, despite the mega amounts of work that making a fresh campaign on the fly takes.

Still, at times, Eberron is tempting. heheh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home