3.03.2005

Herr Dund-er-head

Well,here's a dilemma. Damn, spelled it right the first time. Sweet.

Anyway, Friday's are D&D night. Tomorrow night wasn't gonna happen cause Nick had a camping trip planned. That's not gonna happen now, so Nick's open. I'm gung ho, Nick's rocking and ready, and Wendy's pretty pumped to get together and make characters tomorrow night, cause we reached a turning point in the campaign and just decided it's a bit too much work and stretching of the imagination to get the characters back to a good story point. That's what happens when you fail in an epic, world saving quest without dieing.

The dilemma?

Well, also this Friday is a big bash at a co-worker's house. He invited me last week, I forgot about it, then John reminded me. I didn't say Yea or Nay, cause I tend not to do say Yea anymore at first. Usually, if I do, I end up not going because someone in the group doesn't want to (like Wendy after a long day at the Tree of Evil, or Nick when there's a bar involved). Trouble is, John is really rearing to go.

Sure, we could make characters without him, but that's not as fun, since we really want to have everyone involved in the starting of the campaign and which direction everyone wants it to go... Sure we could try to make characters and go the party later, but Wendy doesn't get off til 8:30ish, so later for her will be midnightish, and if we do characters before she gets off, we're back to missing a person at first.

*shrug* Guess we'll see.

In more important news, a spokesperson for OPEC said he wouldn't be surpised if oil hit $80 per barrel in the next two years. Welcome to $3 for a gallon of gas. Guess I should get on the gas/electric hybrid list now, cause there's already a 1 year wait in the Twin Cities for one of those things. Not sure how I'd pay for it, though. As it stands, without picking up extra shifts, I'd have $5 in "discretionary spending" left at the end of March....

Oh yeah, and I gotta decide whether to pay in $10 on my taxes or pay H&R $30+ to possibly tell me I still owe $10, instead of the $800 return I'd expected. I better revisit those sometime.

But not this weekend. This weekend is hiking and Pericles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home