7.25.2006

Spikey bits

OK. Here's an interesting allergic reaction for ya. Goomba move, too.

Today, I ran into a pine tree. Sort of. Ran into a low hanging branch while checking the time actually. In fact, I didn't even run into the branch, just got stabbed on the left side of my face by 30ish pine needles.

Now, I know I'm allergic to pine trees and the like only because the doc said so. Well, now I know from experience.

That side of my face is experiencing some fierce burning and itching. Strangely, my left eye feels droopy and drowsy, while my right really doesn't. Congesting has upped a few notches, but that's a pretty normal state of existance for me at this point in life. I can't tell if the spike in body temperature is a result of the needles or not. There's a hint of dizziness. Besides the eye bit, the weirdest part is being able to feel where each individual needle penetrated. Crazy.

I wish I had a mirror at my desk. I'm too lazy to hit the bathroom and check, but usually when I itch like this, my skin looks like a big dog scratched me, even if I don't touch the affected area at all. I think I'm gonna have to break down and scratch my fucking ear, though.... Since my environmental allergies tend to express as itching and skin irritation (stupid immune system. That is supposed to happen due to FOOD allergies) I'm usually pretty good at not scratching, but fuck me. When yer ear itches, it's hard not to scratch it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home