2.20.2006

Howling new sound system

Here's a quick review of Howl's Moving Castle. It rocks. Watch it. If you already have, watch it again. It's especially great on surround sound, even the cheap surround sound system I got yesterday. DVD/CD 5 disc changer, AM/FM radio, surround sound system consisting of 1 central speaker, 5 satellites, and a sub. Progressive Scan capability. Purty solid overall, and it'll work for us until I decide to update to a flat screen HDTV in like 5 years. I might upgrade the speakers or add in a self-powered sub, but we'll see how much we watch TV and whether the thing changes me into a technophile or not. Prolly not, because realistically, there's no need for theater quality sound in our little apartment. It would be wasted on the complaints of the neighbors. Even now I'm paranoid about getting reamed out. The system has a DCL feature, which averages the audio a bit, meaning there isn't such a great difference between voices and explosions, making it much safer to watch Star Wars on it(cause the sub kicks your ass during a space battle. vibrates it if yer on the toilet, too). I think Saturay morning before the LAN party I might throw in some Blackhawk Down and test the thing out. It'll crank to 50+ on the volume control, but 35 is almost too loud. Not a bad way to spend $200, considering I went to replace our crap ass DVD player and the model I WAS going to get was $120 plain and simple. Don't worry, I got a warranty in case cheap is talking about the construction, not just the price....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home